|The Ultimate Panfish League - www.ultimatepanfishleague.com - 2003-2015
***ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA MUST BE OBSERVED AT
- Team events (2 anglers per team, although you may first alone if you choose)
- Max. of 30 teams per event
- 4 Ice Fishing Events
- All events will be on Sunday.
- Pre-fishing is allowed up until 11:59pm the day before the event.
- No pre-drilling holes or setting up on a spot the morning of the event.
- Times (6 hour events)
- Ice Fishing Events: 8am - 2pm (Weigh-in at 2pm)
- If you've pre-registered and you're late for take-off (and you let a league official
know that you'll be late), then you only lose that time for fishing. But, if you have not
pre-registered, then you won't be able to compete in the event if you're late. You
MUST still check-in with a league official before fishing.
- Both team members must be present at weigh-in (unless something comes up and
league officials are notified)
- Any late teams will be penalized (every minute late will result in a 0.1 pound
reduction from your total weight. If you're more than 15 minutes late than you're
- Dead-fish penalty will be based on over-all participant observation. If it appears that
the fish were caught prior to the event (i.e.: frozen fish from the day before, obvious
over-discoloration, etc), then that team will be immediately disqualified with-out
- Limits (15 fish total limit per team) which includes...
- 7 Crappies (per team)
- 7 Sunfish (per team)
- One bonus fish of either a Crappie or Sunfish to give you a 15 fish total but only after
7 Sunfish and 7 Crappies are in your weigh bucket. No more than 8 fish of one
species can be weighed in.
- Minimum Size Limits: Crappie = 8 inches, Sunfish = 7 inches
- Culling is allowed (However, if you're caught throwing back dead fish your team will
be disqualified, no exceptions)
- You may keep a full limit of crappie and sunfish if you would like to take fish home
for a meal or whatnot, that is fine, but MN regulations still apply though and it's still a
15 fish limit for the event
- All special regulations regarding size limits for the particular body of water must be
followed at all times
- Morning Takeoff
- 1st Event Order: 1, 2, 3, 4
- Morning takeoff will consist of 4 flights - 2 flights of 7 teams and 2 flights of 8
teams. There will no longer be a free-for-all shotgun start. Flights/teams will be
drawn the Wednesday prior to the event and emailed to the team captain that
- Each flight will be given a number 1-4 prior to the first event. That number will be
there take-off number for the first event. Then for the remaining three events it will
just shuffle one place for who goes first, still staying the same order but having a
new flight go first...
- 2nd Event Order: 2, 3, 4, 1
- 3rd Event Order: 3, 4, 1, 2
- 4th Event Order: 4, 1, 2, 3
- The scoring system will be based on weight converted to points.
- Point values- 1 lb of fish = 1 pt (Across the board for all species)
- Heaviest total weight wins (Crappie and Sunfish weighed all together)
- Tie breaker: which ever team has the largest crappie (weight) will win the tie
breaker, and if that's still a tie then it will go to the largest sunfish, and after that it's
a coin toss.
- Fishable Waters and Transportation
- Any fishable water available by safe ice is acceptable. No going on land unless
notified before event. (Emergencies are exceptions)
- Events may have restrictions based on ice conditions and certain bodies of water.
Any restrictions will be noted well in advance. Safety comes first.
- Only the use of an ATV or snowmobile is allowed. No trucks or cars are allowed
during the day of competition. The use of trucks and cars is allowed for pre-fishing.
- Distance Constraints
- Teams must respect other teams. No fishing within 20 yards of another team will be
allowed unless invited by said team to do so. Non-league anglers and fish houses
must also be respected at all times.
- During events, team members must remain within 100 feet of each other.
- Pay-outs are on an individual event basis. No over-all season standings pay-out.
- 100% Pay-Out per event, based on fees going towards the events
- Pay-out by placing (Top 5 places will receive a cash prize):
- 1st Place = $500.00
- 2nd Place = $350.00
- 3rd Place = $250.00
- 4th Place = $150.00
- 5th Place = $100.00
Season Points Winner
This award goes to the team that has earned the most points throughout of the season.
This will not be a cash or product award, but rather the team members names (next to the
year they won) will be engraved on an Ultimate Panfish League plaque that will adorn the
names will be engraved on the plaque for who wins the overall points that season.
Points awarded goes as follows:
30 points for 1st Place
29 points for 2nd Place
28 points for 3rd Place
27 points for 4th Place
....... all the way to 1 point for 30th Place
***Ties (unless won in the field) will result in the lowest number of points given to the last
spot in the group of teams who ties (ie: if the teams who place 8th-10th all have the same
weight, then the points given to a team in 10th place will be given to all three teams).
***If a team has different partners for different events then only the team captain of each
team will receive the points. So, if the team members of a certain team split up and fish on
different teams at a later event then only the team captain will receive the points, not both
anglers. When final standings occur then it comes down to the amount of points each
team captain has, and then the partner who they fished the most events with will be listed
as their partner in the final year-end standings.
***NEW for 2015/2016: If two or more teams end up tied for final season points, then it goes
to which team has largest overall combined weight from all four events. And if it's still tied
after that, then it's a coin toss.